Month: May 2012
Pasar Gede literally means Big Market, build in era Sri Susuhunan Pakubuwono X, designed by Thomas Karsten, completed construction and opened 12 January 1930.
- 2 inch fresh ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch lemon grass, minced
- 2 fl. oz coffee (espresso)
- 1 cup milk or coconut milk
- 2 cm coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tbs young coconut flesh
- Heat the ginger, cinnamon, cloves and lemon grass in 3 cup water. Simmer ligthly for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the ground coffe and allow to steep for a few minutes.
- Strain the solids from this liquid and add the coconut milk, palm sugar and salt. Simmer gently for 2 minutes